How to engage the broker or the owner?
- Be transparent with the broker and owner – offering a little about yourself
- Ask fair dinkum questions that the answers will help you make a decision to withdraw or progress
- Communicate your feedback as honestly and quickly as you can to the broker or owner letting them know if accountants or bank managers are helping you
- Gather your questions and ask them in one go if possible and if you are interested ask for a meeting at the business to have a look.
- Tell the broker or owner what you like about the business or where you are concerned – giving them a chance to assist with the issue/s. If they cannot be rectified provide this genuine feedback and move on or make an offer with terms as you see fair as a possible alternative